I have read a lot this year - 60 books total! Next Year, I hope to start and finish books before jumping to the next one, there were way too many books left unfinished. Oh well! The top five books on the list were chosen by how well I recalled the book during my non-reading hours.
All in all a great year of reading, here is my top 5 books for 2011:
- Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder:
This book was a lot of fun as I plunged into Hodder's Steam Punk - Time Travel Adventure.
- Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Gravity's rainbow was the hardest book to read for this year. But it was so worth it!
- Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
The laughter was exhausting.
- I, Claudius by Robert Graves
Proving Rome was full of debauchery.
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
The characters remained with me for a long time after completing the novel.
- (not finished yet) Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas.
Bonhoeffer grabs a hold of you and won't let go, you might know the ending of the story, but what this does is show the man and where his theology and core beliefs were developed