Monday, April 13, 2015

Review of Books

2666, Part 4: The Part About The Crimes2666, Part 4: The Part About The Crimes by Roberto Bolaño

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This part gave me nightmares;  the narration salves into one's imagination the terrible murders and crimes of St. Theressa Mexico.  I was ready to move on, but there were more and more murders and the murder kept building into my psyche. I felt responsible in some way.  I felt a depression from the  I did not enjoy this section.

Book Four gives a cry for help for the  disenchanted people  daring  to ask why:  Why should we be forgotten? Why should we be used by the machinery of capitalistic imperialism on a deserted landscape of St. Theressa (Juarez) Mexico?  Why have our once dutiful men succumb to their primitive urges of rape and violence against their mother's daughters? 

2666 would be incomplete with out the salving tome. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog