Monday, April 30, 2012

Bar-Tending with Writers

   Drink for golfers is aiming fluid, for drivers it's DUI, and for writers its oil of inspired transmission.  As I read more and more I hope to find drinks described by authors.  Enjoy them if you are over 21. 


“That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”
Charles Bukowski, Women



A Drink with Anthony Burgess mentioned in "A Clockwork Orange" pg 15

Veteran

(one shot) rum
(one shot) cherry brandy
mix the two shots together.

A Canadian Veteran

(one shot) rum
(one shot) cherry brandy
 mix the two shots together.
add a dash of lime

Currently reading A ClockOrange by Anthony Burgess for the Modern Library Best Fiction Book Club.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog