Monday, April 9, 2012

Family Recipes

Grandma's Strawberry Passover Ice-Cream

Wayne Thiebaud
1920
Movements: Pop-Art


amtingredient
2 packages (8 oz packages)Frozen Strawberries
TwoLarge Bananas
1/2 juice of small lemon
twoEgg White


  • Mash fruit
  • add 1/2 cup sugar and lemon
  • beat egg white until foamy 
  • graddualy add 1/2 cup of sugar to a stiff peak.
  • fold together.
  • freeze until it thickens

My grandmother Pearl would make this Strawberry Ice-Cream every year for Passover, as far as I remember.   I looked forward to three things during my grandparents Passover Service, (1)welcoming Elijah, (2) searching for the afikoman under Grandfather's corduroy chair, (3)Eating Grandma's strawberry passover cedar.   I hope you enjoy sharing the ice-cream with your family this spring.   One can also use fresh strawberries instead of the frozen variety.  Shalom Aleichem.






2 comments:

  1. She would love knowing that you shared this with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I hope I did a good job of writing it down. Also is the picture too risque. I think it was a fun picture but am not sure?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog