Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hawaii Day Two: Ode to the GI's on Pearl Harbor


Not a dog soljer nor more
soljer no more.
They give me all that money

So much my pockets is sore
pockets is sore.
More dough than I can use

Re-Enlistment Blues
oh
them blues.

Took my gelt to town Tuesday

Found me a big double bed
big double bed.
I'll find a job tomorrow

Tonight I'll maybe be dead
maybe be dead.
Ain't no time to lose

Re-Enlistment Blues
oh
them blues.

Hit the bars Wednesday

Friends put me up on a throne
(way) up on a throne.
Found a Chinese baby

She wouldn't leave me alone
leave me alone.
Did I give her a bruise

Re-Enlistment Blues
oh
them blues.

I woke up on Thursday

The walls was movin'
I swear
movin' I swear.
I reach'd down in my trousers

AII my pockets was bare
nothin' was there.
I'll really blew my fuse

Re-Enlistment Blues
oh
them blues.

Hit the bar again Friday

Ask'd for a free glass of beer
free glass of beer.
Bar man he don't know me

He just say no credit here
no credit here.
What I done then ain't news

Re-Enlistment Blues
oh
them blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog