Saturday, June 16, 2012

Library Notes:

If I was deserted on an Island in the middle of the Pacific and could have only five books, which ones would they be? (My rules: 1. besides manuals, the bible, and how to books. 2. Books would be for entertainment purposes only. )  
  1. Don Quixote by Cervantes: I am lost, so what's better than the master dreamer guiding my dream.
  2. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the Complete Edition by Douglas Adams: I need to laugh and this will make me laugh in my dire straits.
  3. The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. I want to think that this is all prearranged and that there were people involved with my disappearance.
  4. The Dangereous Book For Boys by Hal Iggulden I could send code.  I could tie knots.  I could learn navajoh code talk.  There is plenty of stuff in that book that would be worth knowing.
  5. The Pilgrim's Progress by Paul Bunyan I think  this is my favorite all time book. 
If I was only allowed one book, it would be: The Pilgrim's Progress by Paul Bunyan.  
This is in response to the Bookrageous Crew who podcasted the idea on May 30, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog