Monday, December 15, 2008

Hebrews 8:5 They serve a copy...




Quote:Requiem for a Dream:








Sara Goldfarb: I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.


She feels like she is somebody because she is able to do more work. She looks ridicules. But how different is it from our need to work to form our own version of traction. Her shadowed reality creates a world in which she feels she has that ability to make perfect. She is like an artist in love with his creation, like Peter Pan playing with his shadow, in her mind she works to be able to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog