Saturday, January 17, 2009

Movie Review: Jane Austin Book Club



Bernadette: All Jane Austen, all the time. It's the perfect antidote.
Prudie Drummond: To what?
Bernadette: To life.
I have a confession, when the Lakeland Public Library, had us read Jane Austin my prejudices against 19th century writers took over and the chauvinist living inside of me said: "Forget it, I am not into this priggish Victorian dribble!" But, after watching the movie "Jane Austin Book Club" I feel I was too boarish to judge so quickly. The love for reading books and the connections made between readers is absolutely neccessary in todays fast-forward tempral world. THe movie piqued my interest and I pray that I will have another go at Jane Austin.

Directed by: Robin Swicord
Screenplay by Robin Swicord
Book: Karen Jay Fowler
Release Date:
5 October 2007 (USA) more Genre:Date Movie-Chick Flick that Guys Would Like


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog