Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dubliners and Wee Folk 2:31



The Late Henry Conran

by Frank O'Connor 1931


“Why does a woman work ten years to change a man, then complain he's not the man she married?” ― Barbra Streisand



The Plain Facts

  1. Length:6 Pages
  2. Genre:Irish Literature
  3. Characters:Henry, His Wife, and Son
  4. Setting:A Little Lane in Ireland, and America


So, what's It About Man?

The nagging wife sends Prosperity Henry Conran to America. Mrs. Conran thinks Henry is dead, until one day he shows up to clear his character.

First Words

I've another little story for you." said the Old Man

Last Words

Still in all, says Henry over his shoulder, 'you had no right to say I was dead!"

Favorite Quote

"I don't want no nightshirt. I'll take no charity from any wan of you I want my character back, me character that ye took on me.'

What I Loved About the Story

      • This story is very funny in the usual tale of wives and husbands; the love hate relationship that they share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog