Friday, June 25, 2010

Goodwill and the perfect Shirt (Insight from Gregorio Roth)











What is the perfect shirt? What makes something good and something trashy?

I went to Good will today to find the answer to these questions:


Americans, I mean you and me, (yes I am just as bad as the next guy) love the new thing. We love to buy stuff that will exhibit our evolving personality. We love too be considered cool in our own evolving Face Book profile.   Our profiles are blown like a kit flown during a Tornado, no wonder we say are tired.  We go to great lengths to be unique in a world that wants us common; for more on this idea check out my Mom's Blog on the Blue Allium?


As I was saying before I rudely interrupted my own thoughts, I went to Good Will today to look for the perfect shirt. I went through 100 or more shirts in order to find two that would be bonuses to my collection. I love the thrill of a good deal, $5.00 for a one of a kind shirt. We all love to search for something cool; (my brother loves to look through records to find the perfect album). 



 I looked through the Short Sleeve dress shirts.  And I found a University of Oregon replica jersey with the number 96 and tire treads on the sleeves.   Finding an Oregon replica jersey in Florida is something that makes me smile.   


BTW: Happy Birthday Mom I love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes.....and glad you found the perfect shirt at a bargain price. It's the hunt that makes it fun.

    Mom advice......"Cleaning House Clears a Funk".

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog