Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Wasties: a NovelThe Wasties: a Novel by Frederick Reuss

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I felt torn between the book being a good read and something else; a hyperbolic torture chamber.
At times it was philosophical preaching. And yes the main character is adroit and infantile but this is the charm of the book.
I think the plot did not move much, but then again it was a book of character exploration. I have had my feel of this character. I also felt empathy with the character's loss of himself and his family. He seems to a character who is the result of Henri Miller's opulant equations, lost and disconnected from others.
The books presentation of psychosis with literary figures was fantastic.  
The strength of the book was that reading is much more than just reading, its a journey just like Don Quixote did with the Romantic Knights; we converse with authors we have not had the opportunity to meet with.   All in all an interesting read but not a great read.  Chuck this one lightly into the compost pile, let the ants do what they will to it. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog