Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tending the Classics-42 Days with Huck Finn 13:42

The following QUote is possibly where Popeye got his famous saying
a Sailors Life for Me... Toot Toot.
Shut up, on ghost-ship  
We hide from sniggering thieves
Holding nervous in


Prowling for the escape pod
Bowed-knees knock 
we found 
the skiff.


cutting the square knot
away we went. Plunk-Splash 
Sailors life, toot-toot.


Quote: but I've told him a many a time 't I wouldn't trade places with him; for, says I, a sailor's life's the life for me, and I'm derned if I'D live two mile out o' town, where there ain't nothing ever goin' on, not for all his spondulicks and as much more on top of it. Says I --"


rapscallions and dead beats is the kind the widow and good people takes the most interest in.


Read Chapter 13







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog