Monday, August 30, 2010

Fresco’s Bakery and Bistro: Just Plain Good Dining

















Location
Lakeland, FL, 33801


When I find a restaurant I like I want everyone to like it too. Fresco's Bakery and Bistro serves a great breakfast in Lakeland Florida (the 863). You are made to feel at home in this restaurant that serves a genuine home-style spirit.
The menu has a lot of great selections that are unique to Fresco's. I had the Denver Omelet served with potatoes and wheat toast. The wheat toast was according to Tim Calhoon (the husband of Tina the owner) from the local Saturday Market. I also think they used Boar's Head Virginia Ham.  The green peppers, mushrooms and onions were perfectly sautéed before they were added to the omelet. The crescendo was the perfect blend of cheeses melted just right on top.  The Denver Omelet was mouth watering, yummy.

My wife had the Key West Benedict (poached eggs with crab cakes topped with Hollandaise Sauce). The Hollandaise sauce is made from scratch, the flavors were very delicate. The dish was perfectly rich.

They serve good coffee, and they serve it in unique cups for every patron.

And it's not just me and my wife Jessica raving about Fresco's, people's comments on Facebook include:







I just had a piece of the red velvet cake you did for our office today and it was sooooooo good!
I wish I was there...I love that soup and the meatloaf!
I'm sooooo there today!!!!!

Families are welcome in this place. And the restaurant holds parties for kids. The restaurant is handicapped accessible; a man in a motorized wheel chair had no problem getting to the back of the restaurant.

I am glad that they are embracing the community in their display of Lakeland Artists.

The prices are affordable. Breakfast prices range from $4.50 to $9.95.

Lunch prices range from $3.95 to $7.95













Fresco's Serves Up Home 
Check it out this week and let me know if I am correct to make it one of my favorite new restaurants in the 863. Rating: Clucking Real Loud


1 comment:

  1. Oops I did not include a way for y'all to get there... just go down to Munn Park and the resteraunt is on Kentucky pass Palace Pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog