Thursday, April 1, 2010

Classic Gregorio Roth Redux


Ode to Psalm 23 in the Eyes of a Deli Clerk

The LORD is my Deli Clerk, I shall not be left in want.
He maketh me to slice the Boar's Head Meat Bologna to perfection;
He leadeth me beside happy customers,
He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of excellent customer service for his name sake.
Yea, though I walk through the hordes of time strained customers; I will fear not their evil eyes, for thou art with me;
Your cutting glove, your cold cut meat slicers will comfort me.
Thou prepares delectable sandwiches before me in the presence of salivating lips,
Thou anoints my mind with a feeling of calm, although  sweat runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


Published first October 8, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog