I'm Scared by Jack Finney (1951)
Summary Non Spoiled
- Length: Twelve Pages
- Genre: Science Fiction
- Category: Time Travel
- Paradox: What if the fourth dimensional universe responds to our sense of nostalgia? What happens when man is desperate to escape the present?
- Culture Clash
Now vs Then
What's It About?
A man in his sixties tunes to a radio on a frequency from yesterday, but that's just the beginning of time breaking apart.
For the first time in man's history, man is desperate to escape the present.
What I learned about Writing
I liked the idea of a variety of case files all pointing to the conclusion that the author made. This technique can be very effective in showing that the author has not gone on the deep end but that others in his universe are feeling the sensation as well. The opening paragraph tells us what the author intends, and why we need to listen to his case.
- Lived in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
- Wrote the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- Attended Knox College in Gales-burg, Illinois, graduating in 1934.
- 11.22.63 was semi-dedicated to Jack Finney
- Stephen King regards Finney's novel titled Time and Again and From Time to Time as one of the best time travel Stories ever written.