Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Psalm 23 REdux In the Eyes of a Deli Clerk

Writing Ideas: One thing I like to do is look back on my work from the years prior and see if anything is worth re-working, reprinting, or utilizing as a seed idea.   If you write every day there is always good material to draw from, it may be only a line, but that line can give a start to a whole new idea.   So write, rework, rewrite your work every once and awhile.   

I wrote this first in 2008 October 10th but felt it was still good, even though some of the lines make me want to hurl.  But we can't always rhyme things with Orange.  

Ode to Psalm 23 in the Eyes of a Deli Clerk

The LORD is my Deli Clerk, I shall not be left in want.
He maketh me to slice the Boar's Head Meat Bologna to perfection;
He leadeth me beside happy customers,
He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of excellent customer service for his name sake.
Yea, though I walk through the hordes of time strained customers; I will fear not their evil eyes, for thou art with me;
Your cutting glove, your cold cut meat slicers will comfort me.
Thou prepares delectable sandwiches before me in the presence of salivating lips,
Thou anoints my head with beaded sweat, my hairnet keeps sweat from running over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog