Friday, December 10, 2010

Deli Clerk Has Work To Do

The customer yelled at the Deli Clerk, "You suck, you have no personality...at all."
She lit the air with her anger.
The deli clerk was trying his best, but today was not a good day. 




"There are days your best isn't close to being good enough."

Where did this comment originate? Why did it fall on the clerk?  Why this moment and not the next.  The customer had built up to this moment; she awaited a moment when she would be able to tell someone off.

The tension of the day had mounted, bill collectors, unsatisfied customers, angry bosses, annoying coworkers, boredom, her kid's Christmas wishes hanging in balance, all had boiled up to this moment in the grocery store.

And now she had her moment.
She did not hesitate.
She aimed and fired.
The flare of angered synapses hung in mid air.
Pow!
The clerk stood stun and look back with a filthy grin, and a deadened look.  Mam, you can feel anyway you like but you can't stop me from helping you. Bring it on.  I got a job to do.


Prayer: Let us remember that we are all humans striving to find a way home or a way from the void.   Let us pray that we are patient with each other during this mad holiday rush.   Let us help each other make it a great holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. I felt sad that I could not reach this customer. I wrote this in hopes to understand what or where the comment, "you have no personality at all" came from. I hope to not offend or think myself better than the customer, believe me I have been on both sides of the deli counter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would anyone want to be so nasty? I don't get it. Ya know.... when people are saying 'Ouch" words (as I like to call them), it usually has nothing to do with you.... and everything to do with where they are at in this world. Be grateful that you are not this ugly individual. (Good thing I wan't in the store.... I would have whipped out my tongue and said something very 'ouchy'.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angry woman urinates in convenience store freezer
    Full story: blogs.app.com
    A State Police say a northwestern Pennsylvania woman destroyed $500 worth of food when she urinated in a convenience store's freezer Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman claims 'bodily fluid' in yogurt
    Full story: KASA-TV Albuquerque
    A woman claims that when she tasted a yogurt sample from Sunflower Market in northwest Albuquerque and immediately spit it out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog