Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mefisto in Onyx

Mefisto in OnyxMefisto in Onyx by Harlan Ellison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found the book by strolling through the Lakeland Public Library in the Science Fiction Section, I saw a smaller book in the H's. The title had both Frank Miller and Harlan Ellison on it, neat o!
Then I read the intro flap that said this book is addictive and has to be read in one sitting.
I thought "Yeah, I bet one sitting."
 I am really feeling inattentive today so in no way would this challenge be applied to me. I usually do not finish books in one time.
But then I read the name Bester. Oh, Oh, they speak of one of the Science Fiction icons.  Alfred Bester compared to this book, I have got to read it.
So I did. I began to read and could not put it down, way to cool.
One of those detective psychological thrillers with the tension of a tight wire suspended to a bridge.  And it was worth the read, every second of it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog