Monday, May 9, 2011

Moby-Dick XII-Biographical




Queequeqs Story As Re-Told by Ishmael


Quee told his story when sleep met my brow,
he told of Kokovoko and his Kingly Field,
his birthright stolen by a dream and by a vow.

Quee's pipe smoke enchanted me, the vision held.

He vowed to find the land told by a sailor's lies,
a land of riches that would fill up days
and days of visions, a charm to the eyes.

I listened to Quee's story with much praise.

"The dreams," he said  "so tainted my life with abuse.
I ruled my land but could not see past a certain line.
The sky disappeared and left me with no refuse,
from a sorrow so deep, I could not define.
The lust I felt  from a Sailor's tale once told;
I had no choice but to go out into the cold.
For now - Snip, Snap, Snout,
now my tale is out."

And with that Quee blew out the night light,
and we tumbled in the small bed all night.























Poetry and Rhyming Based on Shakespeare's Sonnet Number 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog